12 Dec Where Did August Go!?
We can’t believe that it’s already September!
This year is flying past and we just noticed that it has been a while since our last update. That’s because the action stations have been manned with our committed team tirelessly preparing for Events right around the country.
Our last update was about the project in Pukekohe, NZ being on track back in February! Firstly, that project was a major success and the kerbs designed by iEDM in the photo attached, have since been applauded by CAMS and the FIA.
2013 has been a year of building for iEDM, cementing ourselves as the premier engineering project managers in the temporary overlay and events space. We have had new people join the team and we have opened up a new office in Adelaide.
Given all the growth, we thought it was about time we updated the website with what we are up to at the moment:
• Clipsal 500 Adelaide – After being awarded the Engineering Project Management Contract for the Clipsal 500 Adelaide, we have set up an office in Norwood, just a few minutes from the circuit. iEDM Director, Steve Orr has relocated to Adelaide full time to lead a team of new and experienced iEDM’ers to deliver one of the biggest annual events in Australia. We have also teamed up with a fantastic local team of sub-consultants – Rider Levett Bucknall, Wallbridge and Gillbert and Lucid Consulting. The team is busily preparing for the 2014 Race and we are really excited to be involved in this huge event.
• Super Cheap Bathurst 1000 – Construction for the Supercheap Bathurst 1000 has begun! Clint and Mark have trekked out to the Mountain to represent iEDM as Site and Safety Managers. Good luck to all the Contractors for a successful build.
• Armor All Gold Coast 600 – Josh moves down to join the ducks in Macintosh Island Park for the AAGC600 in less than 2 weeks. Before he does though, he is getting all his ducks in a row so that the construction is as seamless as possible for everyone involved. The interface and interaction with the construction of the Gold Coast Light Rail is critical for the success of both Contractors and the local commuters, so we have been busy planning every step of the handover.
• University Games – Hannah and Brett are putting the final touches on the Concert for the University Games, which is going to be held on Surfers Paradise Beach in September.
• Pan Pacific Championships – As the Project Managers for the Overlay of the Pan Pacific Championships in August 2014, we have been conducting early planning, design and procurement for this first test event of the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games.
• Sydney Running Festival – Dayne is managing the planning and construction of a pedestrian bridge, spanning Hyde Park north to south for the Sydney Marathon. The bridge is erected next weekend ahead of the main event on September 21.
• Sydney 500 – Planning and design for the Sydney 500 is complete and we are currently prepping for the start of construction in mid October. Luke, Clint and Mel will all be on site throughout the project and we are looking forward to another great way to end the year!! Dick is on board again this year to assist with Safety, so all you Contractors get your pens out and take notes.
So there is heaps on around here. Luckily, we also built a coffee shop in the front of our GC headquarters to keep the team focused! Take a look here – www.facebook.com/percyscorner
There are also a number of exciting projects in the pipelines that we can hopefully announce in the near future.
For now though, we are focusing on delivering all the fantastic events in front of us. Over the next few months, we will be updating the news section of the website with some bio’s on some of the new team members who have recently joined iEDM. We are really excited about the team we have built and will share them all with you soon.
Thanks for your support.