iEDM, with Ernst & Young, were engaged by Motorsport Australia (MSA) to develp a business case for a motorsport precinct in Fiskville, Victoria.
The project is supported by Sports & Recreation Victoria and the local adjoining Shire Councils.
The integrated motorsport precinct includes:
• Touring car and motorcycle track;
• Go Kart circuit;
• Motorcross facility;
• Driver training and development facilities;
• Drag racing track; and
• Major event facilities.
The client brief was to develop a modern, multivariate motorsport precinct that would enhance the profle and development of the sport in Victoria and Australia.
Through the integrated design of highly accessible facilities, iEDM developed a concept & functional brief for MSA that incorporated stakeholder expectations
along with operational resilience. The business case looked to develop a former Country Fire Association site, with a variety of existing facilities and site constraints.
iEDM’s scope of works included:
• Conceptual design and masterplan of entire facility;
• Stakeholder consultation;
• Explore 4 design options to inform business case development;
• Functional brief and production of Concept Design Report; and
• Production of detailed order of costs report.